Christmas Wars   5 comments

The Christmas “wars” have started for 2015. Most years it’s the atheists who lob the first volley when they act like tyrants, but this year a Christian freaked out over the color of Starbuck’s coffee cups.

Oh my! Can we stop? Please!!

The United States of America is a pluralistic society. Approximately 80% of Americans identify as “Christian.” They don’t, for the most part, match the Biblical definition of Christian (that’s less than 20% of the population), but this 80% includes a lot of cultural “Christians” who grew up celebrating Christmas with Nativity scenes and Santa Claus, evergreens and eggnog. Of the other 20% of Americans who are not cultural Christians, there are many who still celebrate the secular version of Christmas. Why? Because it’s fun.

There are small percentages of others who are “offended” by the whole idea of Christmas and some of these folks work overtime to make the celebration of Christmas as miserable as possible for the rest of us.

Why? I guess they find their Grinch-like behavior to be fun and amusing? Or, er ….

Well, to be perfectly honest, I think many of them are simply tyrants who want to force others to live and act in ways that they approve. They may believe they’re doing it for our good, but in reality, they are simply tyrants.

But …

If I’m completely honest with myself, atheists aren’t the only ones who seem bent on taking the fun out of Christmas. And that is going to be my research theme for the season. You’ll find the complete discussion her.

Merry Christmas 2015

Christmas Wars (This article

A Christian History of Christmas

Diversity’s Mark on Christmas

Freedom in Christmas

Santa That Old Demon

We Just Go Nuts At Christmas

First Noel

 

What's Your Opinion?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Inside My Mind

Words from my brain

Happiness Between Tails by da-AL

Tales + Tail Wagging + Book Love + Writing + Art + Food + Dance + Travel + Joy

Fairfax and Glew

Vigilante Justice

The Wolf's Den

Overthink Everything

SaltandNovels

Sprinkling wonder into writing

Remmington Reads

A book enthusiast bringing you all things bookish

MiddleMe

Becoming Unstuck

Magical BookLush

A New Dimension to Explore!! Love for books and series is all we need. Life can be lonely without books. All I love is books, series, and talking about serious causes like bodyshaming. Do join me if you love to live your life to the fullest

Jacquie Biggar-USA Today Best-selling author

Read. Write. Love. 💕💕💕

Not Very Deep Thoughts

Short Fiction and Other Things

Ediciones Promonet

Libros e eBooks educativos y de ficción

the dying fish

Book info, ordering, about me etc. in upper right

%d bloggers like this: